Approved Documentation for a Custom Choice Loan
Click on the categories below to learn more about the documentation you may need to complete your loan application.
Wage Earners: Please supply your previous W-2 statement or a paystub dated within the past 60 days that states the employer's name, employee's name and, if available, year-to-date income.
Self-employed: Submit a signed copy of the last two (2) years' federal personal income tax returns with all schedules (or, for electronically filed returns, an IRS confirmation notice may substitute for a signature).
Retirees: Please supply one of the following:
- A copy of most recent pension statement (1099),
- A copy of most recent social security income statement (1099),
- A copy of the first two pages of the most recent federal tax return (signed by the Applicant/taxpayer or, for electronically filed returns, accompanied by an IRS confirmation notice),
- A copy of a bank statement showing deposit of retirement income,
- A copy of a benefit award letter,
- A copy of proof of current pension payment (including a check stub), or
- A copy of proof of current social security payment.
Other Income: (Submit one of the following depending on the type of income)
- Applicant(s) who choose to rely on interest and dividends, note receivable, installment sales and land contracts, trust, rental, capital gains, income from a foreign source, in the application, must submit a copy of the two most recent federal personal income tax returns (signed by the Applicant(s)/taxpayer) with all applicable schedules.
- Applicant(s) who choose to rely on alimony, child support, or separate maintenance payments, and who wish to have this considered for this loan application, must submit a complete copy of the divorce decree or court order which specifies the amount and duration of payments. Further, applicant(s) who choose to rely on child support, and who wish to have this considered for this loan application, must provide proof of receipt of child support for the last six months in the form of bank statements or cancelled checks.
- Applicant(s) who choose to rely on GI Bill income must provide proof of scheduled GI Bill payments for the duration of the academic period.
- Applicant(s) who choose to rely on disability, worker's compensation benefits and public assistance (AFDC/TANF) must provide appropriate documentation, which may include award letters, policy Agreements, account statements, etc.
Acceptable forms for permanent resident aliens include:
- I-151 Alien Registration Receipt Card - no expiration date
- I-551, Alien Registration Receipt("green card"), with an unexpired date on the front of the card
- I-551, Conditional Alien Registration Receipt, with an unexpired INS I-751
- Unexpired Passport with an unexpired stamp "Process for I-551. Temporary Evidence of Lawful Admission for Permanent Resident. Valid until MM-DD-YYYY. Employment Authorized."