Apply online now. It's the smart way to get the money to cover your college essentials.
A few simple things to
know before you apply.
Take a moment to consider the best way for you to pay back your loan. There are up to four options to choose from:
- Immediate Repayment
- Interest-Only Repayment2
- Partial Interest Repayment2
- In-School Deferment2
Interest Rate Options
Choose between a fixed or variable rate:
- Fixed rates
Your rate will never change.3
- Variable rates
Variable rates are based on market conditions, so if market rates go up or down, so does your rate.
What you want, including
a graduation present.
Interest Rate Reductions
Even a small percentage can make
a big difference.
- 0.25% for automatic loan payment withdrawal4
- An additional 0.25% if your automatic payment is from a SunTrust account4
- 1% principal balance reduction upon graduation5
Cosigners are great
If someone with a good credit history is a cosigner, your Custom Choice Loan is more likely to be approved. It could be an eligible parent, guardian, or a friend.
With this new option, you can refinance existing private student loans into a new Custom Choice Loan.
- Your new loan will give you the flexibility to select a repayment term and repayment option that is right for you now.
- The process is easy after approval this option will be presented just list which loans you'd like to refinance.
- Learn more about the In-School Refinance Option.
A SunTrust Custom Choice Loan® could cover any of these education related expenses:
- Lab Fees
- Health Care