Federal & Private Student Loan Access
New Private Student Loans
In-process private student loan applications
If you started an application for a new private student loan for an upcoming semester, visit one of the following links, depending on program, to return to a saved or in-process application:
- Return to a saved Custom Choice Loan® application
- Return to a saved Graduate Business School Loan application
- Return to a saved Union Federal Private Student Loan application
- Return to a saved AAA Advantage Student Loan
Existing Private Student Loans
An existing private student loan is one for which the school has already received funds. SunTrust private student loan programs is managed by American Education Services.
- Visit the AES website www.aessuccess.org to securely access account information online, make online payments or sign up for auto-debit
- Call 800.233.0557
- Having repayment difficulty? Find helpful information at www.youcandealwithit.com or call 800.233.0557
Federal Student Loans
Not sure who to call about your federal student loans?
To determine who services your federal student loans, visit the National Student Loan Database System (NSLDS) this database helps borrowers determine what kind of student loans they took out and which company to contact for more loan information.
Using the information obtained from NSLDS, contact the Loan Servicer
Once you've determined where your loans are, use the contact information listed on the NSLDS website to make inquiries about payment due dates, repayment relief, setting up a deferment, etc.
- For general inquiries, call 800.552.3006
- Contact Us Online
Paying for college can be a challenge. SunTrust can help navigate the options.
Before you look into paying for your college expenses, it's important to know how much money you'll need. Our money management resources, tools, and budgeting tips can help.
Financial Aid Tools
Use our college tuition guide and step-by-step guide to paying for college for planning advice on how to avoid getting too over-burdened with debt before you've earned a degree.
Scholarships & Grants
Before you get a loan, we encourage you to try getting scholarships and grants first. Our list of online resources can help. You can also register for the SunTrust Off to College Scholarship Sweepstakes (see Official Rules for details).